Dr. Tsering Thakchoe Drungtso (MD)
Dr. Tsering Thakchoe Drungtso is one of the second generations Tibetan in exile who pursued his secondary studies in Tibetan Children’s Village, a school started under the auspice of His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama. While a student, he was always a school debating champion and winner of many essay competition. He was awarded the best essay prize in a contest held during the International year of Tibet by the Department of Education, Central Tibetan Administration (CTA). He had been the founding member and editor of the Lower TCV school magazine “Don-mey”), editorial board member of Upper TCV school magazine “Losel Melong’’, and also the founding and editorial member of Tibetan Medical and Astrological college magazine “Gangri Langtso”,. Since 1998-2004, he had been a consultant of English edition of Gangri Langtso. In 1996, after five arduous years studying the vast and rich subject of Tibetan Medicine, Dr. Drungtso graduated as a fully fledged Tibetan physician with bachelor degree on Tibetan Medicine (BTMS).
After completion of further training in the Tibetan Medical Science, Dr. Drungtso was awarded MD degree on 23rd March 2009 by Men Tsee Khang (Tibetan Medical and Astro Institute).
He practiced Tibetan medicine under the expert eyes of late Dr. Kunga Gyurmed Nyarongshar, late Dr. Lobsang Wangyal, Late Dr. Tenzin Choedrak, Dr. Dawa Dolma Jamling all former physician of His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama and also under the expert eyes of many senior doctors at Men Tsee Khang. Since 1998, Dr. Drungtso has represented Men Tsee Khang at various seminars and has travelled extensively in Asia, Europe and the West, for both healing and teaching purposes. He guided many international students, doctors and researchers in their study of Tibetan Medicine and translated number of medical research papers and books into Tibetan. He has created short term Tibetan Medicine teaching syllabus of Men Tsee khang for foreign students and had been one of the main person in creating the Tibetan Medicine Diploma Course of Tibet Centre, Austria. He was selected for an English language Scholarship for Tibetans (ELST) in 2005 for English Language study at Studio Cambridge, England.
He was also awarded the status of Visiting Research Associate Scholar and member at the
Darwin College, Cambridge, UK in 2005. During that time he had the privilege of exchanging
knowledge with many doctors and experts on School Medicine and visited not only Arthur Rank
House Specialist Palliative Care Services (Cambridge City Primary Care Trust) but also
Addrenbrooke’s Hospital (University of Cambridge School of Clinical Medicine).
Now a day, Dr. Drungtso is internationally known through his books, teachings and health services.
- Visiting research associate professor, Darwin College, Cambridge, UK in the year 2005.
- Main initiator of Men Tsee Khang director and team visit to Tawain Universities (Yuan Ze university, Yang Ming University and China medical university) in the year 2007 and had been one of visiting team member.
- Former Executive Member of Central Council of Tibetan Medicine (CCTM) from 2007-2010.
- Former Chairman of Central Council of Tibetan Medicine (CCTM) from 2010-2013.
- Former Senior Lecturer of Men Tsee Khang College over twelve years (Tibetan Medical & Astrological College of His Holiness the Dalai Lama)
- One of the former translators of Classic Tibetan Medical text Gyud-zhi in to English in the Gyud-zhi translation department of Men Tsee Khang.
- Former Member Secretary of High Level Medical & Astrological Council (HLMAC),
Men Tsee Khang (Tibetan Medical &Astrological Institute of His Holiness the
Dalai Lama) from April 2013 to February 2015.
- One of the 14th Men Tsee Khang director candidate selection committee member voted by Men Tsee Khang Staff.
- Main initiator and director of the 2nd International Conference on Tibetan Medicine jointly organized by Central Council of Tibetan Medicine, Men Tsee Khang ( Tibetan Medical and Astrological Center), Central Institute of Higher Tibetan Studies (CIHTS),and Chagpori Tibetan Medical Institute in the year 2012.
- He was appointed by Kashag (Cabinet, CTA) under the guidance of His Holiness the Dalai Lama in the year 2016 as one of the Tibetan health system (Allopathic and Tibetan Medicine healthcare) review committee member.
- Founder and Chief Medical Officer of Drungtso Tibetan Medical & Astro Centre, Dharamsala since 2015.
- Currently one of the high level board members of Technical term Standardisation into Tibetan, appointed by Central Tibetan administration (CTA), in the year 2017.
- Currently one of the principal resource person of SIT Study Abroad, a program of World Learning, a USA based registered Educational Institution.
- He was voted as one of the Central executive member of Utsang Association (Central province) in the year 2016.
Major Talks and Teachings in the Past
He has given talks and teachings on Tibetan Medicine at various Societies, Centers and
Universities, to mention a few, it includes following Universities and Centres:
- Society of Chinese Medicine, Lubeck, Germany from 25th of January’ 2003
- Oase Spiritual Centre, Lubeck, Germany on 27th January, 2003
- Tibet Kailash Centre, Freiburg, Germany from 15-16th of February, 2003
- Institute of Valeology, Poznan, Poland from 16th-18th June, 2003
- Asia Museum Warsaw, Poland on 20th of June, 2003
- Freiburg Medical University, Germany on 15th February, 2004
- Emmanuel College, Cambridge, UK on 2nd of February, 2005
- Cambridge University (U.K), Main Physiology Lecture Theatre on 1st of March, 2005
- Studio Cambridge, England, UK on 20th of March, 2005
- The Buddhist Society, Eccleston Square, London on 20th April, 2005
- Kailash Centre of Oriental Medicine, London from 17th-27th of April, 2005
- Tibet Kailash Centre, Freiburg,Germany from 11th-12th June, 2005
- Tibet Kailash Centre, Freiburg, Germany on 22nd January, 2006
- Lectured at China Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan on 12th of June, 2007
- Lectured at Yangtse University, Taiwan on 14th of June, 2007
- Lectured at Yang-ming University, Taiwan on 15th of June, 2007
- Lectured to Rustic Pathways (Cultural Immersion Trips, Throughout the World for US High School Students) at Pema Thang, Dharamsala, India on 9th July, 2007
- National Medical Science Hospital (Astana) and Almaty, Kazakistan from November 22nd to 12th December, 2007
- TTM Diploma teaching at Tibet Centre, Austria, from 07/12/2010-06/03/2011
- Talk and Consultation during Tibet Festival in Brisbane, Australia, in February, 2012
- Talk on Tibetan Healing in Sydney, Australia organized by Australia Tibet Council, 8th February, 2012
- Tibetan Medicine Course to foreign students at Rikon, Switzerland from 28-29th April, 2015
- Teaching to School for International training (SIT Abroad), World Learning Program undergraduate students from USA at Drungtso Tibetan Medical and Astrological Centre on 20-21st August, 2016
- Teaching to doctors from USA under School for International training (SIT Abroad), World Learning program at Drungtso Tibetan Medical and Astrological Centre on 28th May, 2018
- Teaching to School for International training (SIT Abroad), World Learning Program graduate medical students from USA at Drungtso Tibetan Medical and Astrological Centre on 22nd July, 2018
- Teaching to School for International training (SIT Abroad), World Learning Program undergraduate students from USA at Drungtso Tibetan Medical and Astrological Centre on 26th July, 2018
1. Tibetan Medicine–The Healing Science of Tibet
2. Healing Power of Mantra- The Wisdom of Tibetan Healing Science
3. The Tibetan Book of Massage-Comforting Mind and Body
4. Tibetan English Dictionary of Tibetan Medicine and Astrology (co-author)
5. Basic Concepts of Tibetan Medicine- A Guide to Understanding Tibetan Medical Science
Tsering Dolma Drungtso (Astrologer)
Mrs. Tsering Dolma Drungtso is a Tibetan Astro Science practitioner who has been studying
Tibetan Astro science from prestige Tibetan Medical and astrological college of His Holiness the
Dalai Lama (TMAC). Over the last twenty years, she has been practicing Tibetan Astro Science
and travelled around the world for teaching Tibetan astrology and guide people through
traditional Tibetan astrological knowledge. She helped many people through her work from
diplomats to politicians, from sick people to lay person. She is the author of Tibetan Elemental
Astrology, one of the best-selling book on the subject and co-author of Tibetan English
Dictionary of Tibetan Medicine and Astrology.